Nashville board gaming is growing in popularity and recognition. Events are cropping up all over town, but it can sometimes be hard to keep track of who is involved, and where. Gamers in this city deserve a group chat to call their own, and Slack has proven to be a reliable and convenient tool for building community. If you’re interested in joining the Nashville Gamers group chat, simply fill out the form below to request an invitation.
If you can’t see the form at the bottom of this page, click here to fill it out.
- New users are asked take a moment to update your profile with your first and last names, and a photo so that people have a better chance of knowing who you are.
- Be aware that this chat has a code of conduct which can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Moderators may remove users at will for any reason and will remove any user deemed to be violating the Code for Conduct.
- While Slack can be a great place to network, it should not be used to pitch companies or products without prompting.
- To keep pings down, the @channel and @here commands have been disabled.
- Feel free to create channels, but keep in mind that Slack channels that are not active for three consecutive months will be archived.
- Only staff members are allowed to integrate bots.
- If you are being harassed on our Slack, please message @commadelimited.
Code of Conduct
- Diversity and inclusion make our community strong. We encourage participation from the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible and want to be very clear about where we stand.
- Our goal is to maintain a safe, helpful and friendly community for everyone, regardless of experience, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, nationality, or other defining characteristic.
- Be welcoming.
- Be kind.
- Look out for each other.
- Conduct or speech which might be considered sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory or offensive in nature.
- Do not use unwelcome, suggestive, derogatory or inappropriate nicknames or terms.
- Do not show disrespect towards others. (Jokes, innuendo, dismissive attitudes.)
- Intimidation or harassment (online or in-person).
- Disrespect towards differences of opinion.
- Inappropriate attention or contact. Be aware of how your actions affect others. If it makes someone uncomfortable, stop.
- Not understanding the differences between constructive criticism and disparagement.
- Sustained disruptions.
- Violence, threats of violence or violent language.
- Understand that speech and actions have consequences, and unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated.
- If you are the subject of, or witness to any violations of this Code of Conduct, please contact @commadelimited immediately.
- If violations occur, organizers will take any action they deem appropriate for the infraction, up to and including expulsion.