Elijah Longwell Author Bio
Recruiter by day, board game enthusiast by night. Despite controversy, i’m a firm believer that collecting can be just as fun as playing games.
My favorite aspect of the board gaming hobby is its ability to bring people together in a meaningful way. I’m passionate about fostering community and building authentic relationships, therefore I love planning and hosting game nights with both friends and strangers. Amongst all my travels I have found that board games have the ability to even bridge language barriers to bring people together and it’s that magic feeling that keeps bringing me back.
I’m also pretty geeky about these crazy games we love so much! Among my favorites are Terra Mystica, Carcassonne, and Suburbia. I tend to prefer medium to heavy weight Euro games, but i’m always down for something light and fun as well. When i’m not playing with hefty wooden components, you can find me acting a fool over a game of Monikers or severely questioning my memory during a frantic game of Anomia. I will never turn down a game of Crokinole (despite my lack of skill) and am a sucker for extremely silly games like Loupin’ Louie or Bling Bling Gemstone.
Outside of the board game world I am an avid video gamer, disc golfer, and traveler. I’m a proud MTSU alumnus with a major in Communication Studies and minor in Organizational Communication. Currently i’m based out of Nashville, TN but have lived everywhere from Santa Cruz, CA to Beijing, China.
Recent Articles & Reviews by Elijah Longwell
- Join us for Nashville Tabletop Day 2017 on April 29th! (March 13, 2017)
- Dragoon Review - Jake Given, Zach Given, Jonathan Ritter-Roderick (March 08, 2017)
- Codex Card-Time Strategy Review - David Sirlin (February 15, 2017)
- Cardboard Cupid - Games to Play on Valentine's Day (February 14, 2017)
- Growing the Hobby - Dexterity Games (February 08, 2017)
- Best Board Game Gifts of 2016 (November 27, 2016)
- Top 6 Big Group Games for the Holidays (November 21, 2016)
- My Journey for the Perfect Game Night (November 07, 2016)
- October 2016 Monthly Wrap Up (November 04, 2016)
- Lotus Review - Jordan Goddard, Mandy Goddard (November 02, 2016)
- Wordsy Review - Gil Hova (October 26, 2016)
- So you like board games… What now? (October 18, 2016)
- Speechless Review - Mike Elliott (September 28, 2016)
- The Networks Review - Gil Hova (September 14, 2016)
- Top 6 Date Night Games - A Narrative Experiment (September 07, 2016)